Friday, March 30, 2012

Pushed Out of My Comfort Zone

Journal Entry from May 13, 2010

Dear Father,
      It has been awhile since I journaled...not that I am not processing a lot, but more because I have been taking so much in and feeling like a sponge soaking up everything! Rod and I have been reading books on healing and the Holy Spirit, listening to worship music nonstop, listening to sermons, spending lots of time in prayer, and receiving lots of prayer from others.

        I feel that we are wanting to learn anything that you are willing to teach us. I was just reading the other day about how the Holy Spirit often makes us uncomfortable when he moves in NEW WAYS in our lives. I have felt uncomfortable, but at the same time it feels so good. I feel pushed to INCREASE MY FAITH and to TRUST YOU like never before.

        No other experience has brought me to my knees more, made me shed more tears, or helped me to realize our COMPLETE DEPENDENCE on you.

        I feel a shift in my soul to contend for healing for our baby. The more I read in Scripture about miracles and healings and the more testimonies of people I hear that have been physically and mentally healed, the more I desire to see your miracles, signs, and wonders NOW.

       God, regardless of the outcome with our baby, Rod and I are desiring more miracles, signs, and wonders to be manifested in our lives and in the lives of those around us. Whatever that may look like, we ask for it........for a greater outpouring of your Holy Spirit upon our lives.

        Forgive me for my unbelief in the past...increase my faith. Let your KINGDOM come......

No comments:

Post a Comment