Monday, April 9, 2012

Rise and Thresh


Journal Entry from June 18, 2010:

Father, Yesterday as I was spending time with You, I felt that You led me to Micah 4:13 which says: "RISE and THRESH, O Daughter of Zion, for I will give you horns of IRON; I will give you hoofs of BRONZE and you will break to pieces many nations."

At first, I almost laughed and thought this verse had absolutely nothing to do with me or my life right now. However, as I prayed and pondered the words of this verse and spent some time studying Biblical commentaries, I realized just how very RELEVANT these words truly are for my life right now.

Some of the things the Lord revealed to me as I studied Micah 4:13:
This prophecy was actually given to Israel right after they were told that Babylon would come against them and take them into captivity. Micah 4:13 is part of the promise that the Lord gives to Israel that he will DELIVER THEM and STRENGTHEN THEM so that they are able to eventually overake their enemies. The Lord promises to eventually bring His people back to Jerusalem after being taken into exile by their feared enemies. To "rise and thresh" is to actually a call to take up the fight against our enemies....to remain strong in our faith and wait for the deliverance that the Lord has promised.

If you study the concept of Biblical threshing you will find that in order to separate the grain from the chaff, the farmers would drive their oxen and cart over the grain again and again.....this process would allow the good part of the crop (grain) to be separated from the bad or useless part of the crop (chaff). In the same way that threshing purifies and refines the grain in the natural, it also is a term that refers to the purification and refining our hearts spiritually. Spiritual threshing allows us to trample down the enemies of darkness in our lives.

Even when we do not understand what is going on around us and we are tempted to give up, we are called to maintain the fight of faith and to wait with EXPECTATION in seeing the deliverance of the Lord in our lives! This verse was a great reminder to continue to FIGHT with faith on Aliyah's behalf!!

No comments:

Post a Comment