Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Final Quest

Journal Entry from October 7, 2010:

Dear Father,

I am in the middle of reading the book "The Final Quest" by Rick Joyner which looks at the journey of believers as they battle their way through the spiritual forces around them and eventually come face to face with the Lord. There are several quotes that really stuck out to me today.....They best sum up how I have been feeling about our journey with Aliyah over the past six months:

Page-79 "There is another reason why the Lord allows us to be WOUNDED. There is no COURAGE unless there is REAL DANGER. The Lord often commands persons in the Bible to 'BE STRONG and COURAGEOUS.' This is because He was going to have to fight and there would be real danger. It is in this way that the Lord PROVES those who are WORTHY OF THE PROMISES."

Page-84 "As I walked into the darkness, I heard the eagle's last words, 'After this you will not have your TRUST in anyone else, even yourself, but ONLY IN THE LORD.' I was in the most frightening darkness I had ever experienced. To take each step because a terrible battle WITH FEAR. I cried to the Lord to forgive me, and to help me. Immediately I began to see Him on the cross, soon I was not even aware of the dark, and I no longer felt cold. Then I started to see a dim light. Gradually, it became a GLORIOUS LIGHT. The glory increased with each step. Every time I had experienced great pain or darkness of soul, it had been followed by a much greater REVELATION of GLORY and PEACE."

No comments:

Post a Comment