Friday, March 16, 2012

Pressing into The Father's Heart

     The choice to press into the Father's heart after receiving our baby's diagnosis was not always an easy choice. In fact, on some days, it was the last thing that I wanted to do. However, the more I spent time sitting in the Lord's presence, the more I realized that I needed Him and His power and strength to face the journey before us.

      I felt so thirsty for more of the Word. I could not get enough of it. I spent hours pouring over Scriptures and was amazed at how many of the Scriptures seemed to JUMP OFF the page and go directly into my soul. The countless hours that I spent in the Word provided such LIFE for my soul. Rod told me that he could usually tell the days that I had spent a lot of time reading Scripture because my eyes seemed to be more “lit up.” There is something about spending time in the Word that actually changes our hearts and our countenance. It truly is NOURISHMENT for our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment