Friday, March 16, 2012

A Stirring in Our Hearts

An excerpt from my journal from beginning of May 2010:
       
       God, I feel like this is a time of GREAT REFINING for both Rod and I. Getting rid of the junk in our lives and replacing it with a heart for You, for others, and possibly new ministry. God, I am not sure what that ministry will look like, but I sense a REAL STIRRING in our hearts...a thing that can only be from you.
       Rod and I both sense an EXCITEMENT as to how you are going to use our situation and how you are going to change us. Rod and I have already been able to have so many conversations with people about Your heart, how You are working in our lives, etc.
       You reminded me today of some verses that you had highlighted to me in January before I even knew I was pregnant. Isaiah 54:2-3 "ENLARGE the place of your tent, STRETCH your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; LENGTHEN your cords, STRENGTHEN your stakes, For you will SPREAD OUT to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities."
       Father, I feel that these verses are the call that you have put on our hearts at this time. May we not hold back, may we grow in you and your strength as you prepare us for what you have for us for our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment